FFA Week is Bringing Agriculture into Perspective!

FFA is a dynamic youth organization that changes lives and prepares their members for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agriculture. FFA stands for Future Farmers of America, this organization is to shape young minds that have a passion for agriculture. 

FFA week starts Thursday,February 20th through Thursday, February 27th. FFA week is a week to celebrate the association as a whole. FFA is the largest national youth organization and this week gives them the opportunity to come together and celebrate how far they have come.  

FFA is a group of students that want to pursue any of their agricultural interests. This is a co-curricular club. 

“FFA is a fun thing to be involved in. You can make lifelong friends and you can learn certain skills that you need in life. Being apart of FFA is being something bigger than yourself,” said agriculture teacher Ms. Fincham. 

Chapters create activities and fun things to do to help their community. States create fundraisers to donate jackets to youth in the association. 

“The jacket is a really big deal for members because it signifies being a part of something, and when you’re a part of FFA you’re a part of a family,” said sophomore Salem Sifford. 

The jacket means a lot to the members of FFA. It signifies more than just being a part of the organization it is like a badge of honor for all the members. 

“It’s not just a jacket, it’s the opportunities I have had and it shows that you can’t get these amazing moments back,” said junior Sammy Leach.  

FFA week is the biggest week in the FFA organization, even bigger than the FFA convention. FFA chapter officers will be informing not just FFA members, but all students and staff at Liberty High School about agriculture and how FFA play a vital role in our lives each day. All of the FFA officers look forward to FFA week because they love the idea of spreading information about FFA around and bringing agriculture into everyone’s lives. 

“FFA week is all about reflecting on our current and past achievements along with bringing everyone together whether you are currently wearing a blue jacket, an alumni, or supporter and celebrating how FFA has impacted all of our lives for the better! I am super excited about FFA week because I get to celebrate what FFA is really about with everyone from the past, present and future members of this amazing organization,” said senior Jonathan Kuhler. 

“FFA week in my eyes is a time to bond with my chapter and educate others on what FFA is! My fellow officers and I have been planning fun games and activities to incorporate FFA and to teach others about our chapter,” said sophomore Kayleigh Hall. 

FFA week is by far the busiest week of the year for this chapter. To kick off this event the school will welcome the current 2019-2020 Virginia FFA State Officer Team to join them in county wide events, here at LHS! 

“The FFA and I are very excited for what we have to offer to the biggest week in FFA!” said Khuler. 

Make sure to check out all of the FFA activities during the week to check out what they are about and how they make an impact around the school.