Liberty boy’s soccer looking to score another postseason appearance in ’22

LHS+Boys+soccer+begins+this+season+on+Tuesday+March+15th+away+at+Chancellor.+Photo+courtesy+of+the+yearbook+staff.+

LHS Boy’s soccer begins this season on Tuesday March 15th away at Chancellor. Photo courtesy of the yearbook staff.

Lilly Clayton, Staff Reporter

Coming off the first winning season Liberty has had in awhile, the boys soccer team is back and ready for another season.

After losing in the first round of playoffs last season, the team is back training to achieve goals and working together as their season is around the corner. 

“Last year we went out in the first round of playoffs because we were overly confident, and this year I want the team to never settle until we achieve our goal,” said head coach Chase Cox. 

Despite the post season loss, many athletes tried out this season to build off the growing success of last season. 

“We had the most numbers at tryouts the boys soccer program has ever seen, and it was extremely difficult to make the team with such great numbers and so many seasoned and skilled players,” said Cox. 

With the season approaching quickly, Coach Cox is looking for leadership, sportsmanship, and positivity, and 2 players drew that to his eye: senior, Harry Kamara and junior, Thanuwat Kraiwan. 

“Harry has stepped up at practices and shown that he is a solid leader, Thanuwat also displays strong leadership and sportsmanship, and these 2 players are doing very well with teamwork and positivity,” said Cox. 

With the last season being a very driven season, the boys program is working to have another one and reach their goal as a team. 

“This year we want to continue to build our program with a very strong team and an overall goal to win the district title,” said Cox. 

For their first game, the boys soccer team travels to Chancellor High School to take on the Chargers on March 15th.