Best Halloween Costumes

Halloween is one of the most favored holidays, it’s been decided that it is #2 overall, sadly beaten by Christmas. As the spooky season approaches, many people wonder what is the best costume to wear. 

The history of dressing up for Halloween dates back to the olden days. 1585 is the first documentation of dressing up for Halloween. In Scotland, people would dress up believing they looked like other spirits and would be safe from harm. Others believe it goes back farther to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, where they would wear costumes to ward off ghosts over a bonfire and they used to call it All Hallows Eve. It came from a belief that spirits would roam the earth on Halloween night, going door to door revising verses, in exchange for offerings to the supernatural. Impersonating them also meant protecting one from themself.

Different costumes come in different shapes and sizes. Some spooky costumes include witches, zombies, vampires, and werewolves, the original costumes and there was only one person who chose from these foul creatures, “My favorite costume is a witch,” said, Freshman Kaylynn Burell. Another category is the Medieval times like princesses (which includes Disney), princes, pirates, and myths.  But Kaylynn Burell and Mrs. Rodman are the only ones who chose from this category “princess, and pirate”. Superheros are also beloved on Halloween night, like Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aqua Man, Cyborg, Green Lantern, and of course, Bruce Wayne also known as “Batman”.   “I still enjoy and remember my superhero costume from when I was 7,” says  Sophmore, Jonah Blue.

There are also horror movie character costumes that you could use like Micheal Myers, Jason Voorhees, Freddy Kruegar, LeatherFace, Annabelle, Saw, Pennywise, and Beetlejuice. “I really like the idea of dressing up like Ghost-Face from the SCREAM franchise.” said,  Freshman Taylor Gault

“I like pretty much any horror character.” explains, Junior Red Downey. Costumes should be enjoyed by anyone and everybody.

The number one rated costume was Horror characters, second place was a 2-way tie between Superhero and Inflatable costumes, and third place was the Original costumes. Even if your favorite costume didn’t win the overall in public opinion, it only matters if you like it and you enjoy it because you’ll be wearing it for the rest of Halloween night.

View Comments (1)