The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Find Calm and Cuteness at Liberty High School’s Therapy Dogs in the Library!

Sid%2C+the+black+lab%2C+being+calming+and+comforting+for+Liberty+students+
Sid, the black lab, being calming and comforting for Liberty students

Do you ever have some bundled-up stress from your day and want to relive it? Well, if you’re not doing anything during lunch, you’re in luck. Every Tuesday, from 11 am to 12 pm during lunch, Liberty has therapy dogs in the Library.

Therapy dogs are loved for being happy, comforting, and loving, but some go beyond reducing stress and anxiety. Logan Pribble expressed, “The dogs helped relieve a little stress that I had during my SOL week.” and like Mrs. Corbin said, “The dogs bring comfort to anyone and everyone and they also bring people together when they are sitting next to each other while petting the dog”. Spending time with these dogs not only boosts your mood but also improves your relaxation and focus for when you go back to class. This is especially helpful during SOL week.

The school library is now a calm place for students seeking to relieve stress, Liberty High School collaborates closely with therapy dog handlers to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. “The library is a calm area, arranged with seats to have interaction between students and the dogs,” said Mrs Corbin.

Every Tuesday, a group of trained therapy dogs and their handlers visit the library to be seen by students. From labs like Sid with Kim to Big ol’ Jambo with Gary. A variety of breeds are ready to greet you with comfort, love, and happiness when you need it.

Coming to see the therapy dogs in the Library is as easy as grabbing some food and then heading to the library on Tuesdays between 11 am and 12 pm. In the seating area in the center of the library, therapy dogs and their handlers await, ready to provide calm and soothing comfort and therapy. ”Everytime a kid walks in with a sad or upset look on their face, it always lights up when they see the dog,” said Mrs.Corbin.

Students praise its positive impact on mental well-being. As Jonathan Richey put it, “To be honest it’s about connecting with my friends and relaxing from school.”. These dogs should be essential to your day and you should make it routine because a little relaxation can go a long way. It’s more than just dogs; it’s an opportunity for students to connect, make new friends, and alleviate stress in the most heartwarming way possible. Hopefully next year the dogs will come back next school year and make your day better.