The Boy’s Soccer Teams are Hyped For the New Season!

As 2024 spring is around the corner, so is the Liberty High School Spring Sports season, and the boy’s soccer teams are hyped to start their season! We spoke with many of last year’s players to see how they feel about the upcoming season.  

We interviewed a few students from last year’s teams to see how excited they are for the new season to come.

Ethan Barahona

Most of them are thrilled to start the new soccer season! We spoke with Ethan Barahona first, He is a sophomore and was number 12 in the J.V. soccer team for the 22-23 season. One of the most important parts of being on a team is the chemistry, even in the offseason. “The team connects on and off the field by practicing and playing together,” Ethan Barahona said.”Anything could be possible as long as we work together.”

Teamwork is one part of having a successful season and many players are excited to see what’s in store for the 23-24 season. “I feel great, I feel we are going to accomplish a lot this season, and we are going to be playing well an

Daniel Mejia

d playing hard,” stated Daniel Mejia. With the new season, comes new opportunities. “ There’s going to be more chances for new players to play and show their skills

due to the seniors leaving last year as the seniors made up the majority of the team, and said they will be prepared no matter what,” explained Barahona. Ethan was very eager to speak and wanted his team to go far this year.

As a new season starts, there’s always time to reflect on the past season and look for improvements. “Getting better, focusing, and better records for the team, most

Bryan Delcid

importantly having fun,” said Bryan Delcid, a junior and number 7 on last year’s JV team. “There are definitely rivals this season that will have improved teams which can be challenging but if we train hard and focus I think we can get the upper hand.” Bryan is very prepared for this season and hopes to achieve big goals with his teammates. Part of the new season hype is also focusing on different strategies and tactics the team can focus on. Junior and Varsity Goalkeeper, Kenny Benitez explained, “ “We are gonna be focusing on weightlifting and lots of conditioning to prevent injuries because injuries

Kenny Benitez

were a huge problem for our team last year ”. The team seems very hyped up for this new season. They are hoping that they go farther by training harder than last season, focusing on the game, and overall improving more than last season.

View Comments (1)