Unlocking Beauty: Exploring the Art of Cosmetology Classes

If you love everything that has to do with beauty, here at Liberty High School we have a cosmetology class where you can take Cosmetology 1, 2, and 3. In these classes, you can learn how to cut hair, do facials, and nails, skincare, and more. After the three courses, you can get your cosmetology license.

In Cosmetology I, you’ll learn about skin anatomy, where you will analyze and evaluate different skin types and conditions and how to maintain healthy hair and scalp through proper shampooing, and conditioning. You also learn about chemical treatments like perming, relaxing, and texturizing. You will perform facial treatments such as cleansing, exfoliation, steaming, extraction, mask, and massage techniques. Another task you will learn is how to apply, maintain, and remove different types of hair extensions. You even get to learn about makeup, such as the color theory. Color theory is about how to choose and mix colors that match and complement different skin tones, eye colors, and hair colors. Also, you will learn how to safely and effectively perform nail services and various aspects of nail care, nail arts, and nail repair. 

In Cosmetology 2, you need to have your own mannequin which will allow you to practice different techniques and understand the intricacies of proper hair maintenance. Whether it’s learning how to detangle, wash, or condition hair and how to properly take care of it, as well you will do different haircuts like blunt cuts, layered cuts, graduated cuts, shaved styles, and textured looks. Your mannequin will be your trusted companion in perfecting these skills. You can practice on real clients under the guidance of the teacher, who is always available to provide any necessary assistance and answer your doubts, so you can gain confidence in your abilities.

Cosmetology 3 focuses on the fascinating domain of hair coloring. Whether you want to transform your look or experiment with the new trends. You will also be working with different types of hair colors, such as permanent, semi-permanent, and temporary colors, formulation, and application techniques on how to achieve desired color effects, and how to maintain your healthy hair. 

The Cosmetology classes also provide a depth of knowledge on how to effectively clean and disinfect tools and equipment, prevent the spread of infections, and maintain a clean working environment. It teaches you the necessary skills on how to handle emergencies. Understanding first aid techniques and being prepared for unexpected situations ensures the safety and well-being of both you and your clients. Cosmetology class also includes marketing strategies, client management, and financial aspects, which are instrumental in building a successful career. These courses provide a solid foundation for your interest in opening your own salon.  After learning and practicing everything you have to take your test to get your license, and finally be able to work in a salon as an assistant.

All the cosmetology classes are fun to take especially if you are in high school. You get to do a lot of activities, you gain a comprehensive understanding of not only the art of hairstyling but also the importance of maintaining proper cleanliness and sanitation practices. By learning about different types of diseases and their prevention. You have the opportunity to experiment with different techniques and express your unique style through various beauty treatments and you can make a positive impact on others. If you dream of working in a salon or even starting your own business, this is the perfect opportunity for high school students to take part in an enjoyable and educational experience.

View Comments (1)