The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Summer Break Plans: Beach trip vs Amusement Parks

Summer Break, is every student’s and teacher’s favorite time of year. School is out for three months and it’s vacation time, the weather is hot, you can go outside and there are so many things to do. The majority of people travel in the summertime and the most traveled places are the beaches and amusement parks.

A Lot of people travel to the beaches for weekends, weeks, or even just for the day. You can either stay at a Hotel or a beach house whatever you can get, and depending on the beach you go to. For example, in Ocean City or VA Beach, you can leave early in the morning and stay the day then come back that evening. There are a lot of things to do at the beach like swimming in the ocean and tanning, also different activities around that you have to drive to like a go-kart track, mini golf, shopping at the shops and many other activities to find. Although The beach can be a very entertaining place to travel there can be some downsides like the closest beach is about 3 hours away. It can be very costly to stay at a hotel or beach house which is expensive at the beach, the food you purchase, and if you want to do activities that also costs.

Amusement parks are for traveling by lots of people, you can go for the day and there are water or rollercoaster parks. There are lots of big rides for people who love rides and there are kid rides. There are a couple of places nearby like King’s Dominion which’s 1 hour away and Bush Gardens which are 2 hours away with roller coasters and water parks included in both places.  You can get a ticket per person that’s 40$ per person.  Inside the Amusement parks, there are different places you can get a drink that you have to buy. Although it’s cheaper and a little bit closer, some people may not enjoy roller coasters or even like water slides so an Amusement park may not be for them.