Emerging Talents Take Center Stage: Young Music Artists of Liberty

Imagine living in a world without music, how plain and boring everything would be. Music allows us to show emotion, relate to, and dream our fantasies. It’s all around us, everywhere we go. In movies, at school, in stores, in the car, in the streets, sometimes even in the bathroom. To make music you need an artist. People can relate to either their lyrics or the artist in general. They can be happy and upbeat like Taylor Swift, slow and sad like Space Song, or just weird and interesting like Doja Cat. Music can also be religious and part of your culture. There’s a song out there for everyone and music is full of variety, but did you know you might just have a class with a future star? There are people here at Liberty that make their music and one day you might just be listening to their song on the radio.  

Freshman, Kaima Morales, makes rap music and has created around four songs and will probably continue to write more in the future. Kaima writes music because it’s a way for her to say what she’s thinking on the inside and turn it into a song. Not only does she write it for her feelings, but it gives her something to do in her spare time. She hasn’t released any of her music to the public but is planning on dropping an album on her birthday, March 16. Kaima is still working on her artist name and is carefully coming up with ideas because it’s a really important decision and she wants her name to be unique and different. 

Inspired by video games, freshman Carys Petty, goes by Sunset Sound Studios on her Youtube channel. Cinematic and soundtrack-esque is the kind of music Carys writes. She has made ten completed songs, although there are only three up on her channel. Carys has many unfinished songs that she will one day release and she is planning to continue making music in the future. She also just does this in her spare time after all her school activities, she doesn’t plan on having a career out of making music but just likes to share her creations. A song she is currently working on is a Christmas song called “Yule Tales”. Her favorite song that she has written so far is called “Mountain Sunset”.

Another Freshman, Jonathan Alfaro, was recently working on a song just for fun; he claims he wrote it all in one day. He’s not as serious about songwriting as others but told his friends about it and they were all supporting him. Jonathan hasn’t released his song and probably won’t due to the fact it was written on such short notice. Writing his song was hard for him because of all the thought that goes into making a song. He thought it would be easier since he’s a good writer, but then discovered there’s a lot more to it. The main thing that’s stopping him from writing more music is that there are just too many things he needs like time, a producer, and equipment. Who knows though, he might release his song one day.

Having many young artists not just here, but all around the world can bring lots of new ideas and perspectives in the music industry. The problem is that mainstream artists are not letting as many new artists rise. This means that new artists that might be super talented might now get recognized. Thankfully, due to social media such as TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, and many others, you can promote your music, giving you a chance to shine. If you could support the young artists here at Liberty you could be giving them a chance too.