Top Christmas Movies

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/568438784222499269/

Winter break is finally here and everyone is excited to go home and snuggle up, with the cold weather and change of scenery comes the time for Christmas movies. Drinking hot cocoa and spending time with your family by the brightly lit tree with the smell of cookies all around while watching a movie; Who wouldn’t look forward to this? But the question is, what is the best Christmas movie? Here around Liberty, there are a variety of different answers like The Grinch, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Polar Express, etc. The top three will be listed and explained as to why they are so lovable in the community.

The most favored movie out of all the students was Home Alone. The first thing that came to mind when thinking about Christmas movies was this one because of how many movies there are and because it’s popular with everyone outside of Liberty as well. Home Alone is about a boy named Kevin who accidentally gets left behind at home while the rest of his family goes on a trip. The night before he had made the wish for his family to disappear and with them all being gone he assumed his wish had come true. Although staying alone comes with its dangers, as two burglars try to break into Kevin’s home, he fights back with carefully placed traps. People love this movie because of all of its humorous pranks and overall storyline. 

In second place for the most favorite Christmas movie was A Christmas Carol. This movie depicts the true meaning of Christmas and how you need to appreciate what you have. The story uses three spirits and a character named Ebenezer Scrooge to portray a patient, kind, and generous person. He wasn’t like this in the beginning though, at first he was a mean, greedy old man. This is one of the older stories but many people still enjoy this classic.

Last but certainly not least is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Some people say this is a Halloween movie, but with Christmas being part of the story, people enjoy watching this as a Christmas film. The movie is described to be different and strange from your average Christmas movie which is why people love it so much. The characters from this movie also receive a lot of positive attention because they are unique.

Another movie that is highly enjoyed but not known to be a Christmas movie is Edward Scissorhands. This one has some debates about it but is still a wonderful movie made by a popular director Tim Burton. If you haven’t given Christmas movies a try, then with winter break coming up now’s a perfect opportunity. It’s not something you have to do alone either, invite your friends and bake some cookies together! Christmas is a time to have fun and be with others so enjoy it and open yourself to new experiences. You never know, you might end up loving Christmas Movies.