The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Taylor Swift: How One Woman Can Affect the Economy

Taylor Swift is an icon in the pop industry. Since 2006, Swift has been taking over the world with her 10 studio albums. These 10 albums consist of Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights. These albums are recognized as her “Eras.” After releasing her 10th studio album Midnights in 2022, she announced that she was going on tour. This tour was named the “Eras tour,” because Swift would create a set list of songs from every era. Over the past year, millions of people around the world have bought tickets and promoted her show online. Considering this, the Eras Tour, I believe, is what made Taylor the icon she is now.

Speaking of the Eras Tour, this tour raised 4.6 billion dollars in consumer spending in the U.S. About 4.35 million tickets were sold during the tour, and with prices rising and people being desperate to attend, so much money was spent. Also during this era’s tour, Taylor gave her tour bus truck drivers all a 100,000 dollar bonus. However, Swift didn’t just give her truck drivers a bonus. Swift gave everyone working for her tour, including dancers, sound crew, and more a bonus as well. Just over the tour, she handed out around 55 million dollars in bonuses. 

Recently, Taylor Swift started dating NFL star Travis Kelce. Kelce plays for the Kansas City Chiefs and has already gained a huge fan base from the podcast he hosts with his brother Jason. Since the relationship became public, the internet has gone crazy. So many more people started to attend Kansas City’s football games and the rate of women attending these games started to rise. People attend these games to cheer on Kelce and to hopefully get a glance at Swift. Swift’s relationship with Kelce caused both of the Kelce brothers’ jerseys to be the most sold in the NFL. 

One day Swift decided to order custom jackets from a small shop in Kansas City. When the owner of the shop found out that it was Taylor’s order, she decided to knit a hat for her with a #87 on it, Travis Kelce’s number, in hopes that Taylor would see the hat, the owner put it in the package with the jackets. Sure enough, Taylor was wearing the hat at the next game she went to. So many people saw the hat and fell in love with it and thought that Taylor Swift had this hat. Soon after, the owner had to close down her website because she had over 200 orders. Hand-knitting these hats would take hundreds of hours of work, but this proves how big of an impact Taylor Swift has on today’s world. 

Overall, Taylor Swift has impacted the economy in so many ways. Considering the Eras Tour is starting back up this year and her relationship with Travis Kelce has only recently become official,  there is still so much that Taylor can do for the world. If you want to learn more about this, you could always take the Taylor Swift class at Harvard. Yes, you heard that right; there is a class about Taylor Swift and all her impacts at the Ivy League University. All jokes aside, Taylor Swift has impacted our economy in numerous ways, and the Swifties can’t wait to see what she does next!