Stanley Cup Craze

Stanley Cup Craze

The world’s hottest new trend has people fighting in Target. Almost all are out of stock everywhere. Hundreds to thousands of Stanley cups have been sold. Stanleys are known for their insulation its largest liquid volume of up to 40 ounces also tons of chic colors Stanley has made over 750 million cups.

Stanley has been around since 1913, however, the brand started to become so popular at the end of 2023 because a couple of celebrities had the cup, and TikTok and Instagram were a huge part of making the cup really popular. Another big attraction is that Stanleys can keep your water cold for 11 hours and ice in the cup for 2 days. Also, Stanley partnered with Starbucks and made a couple of tumblers together.” I like Stanley cups because the handle makes it easy to carry and it keeps my drink cold for a long period of time,” said senior Natalie Polanco. One story that hit big was a girl’s car caught on fire and her Stanley Cup was in her car and survived with ice still in it. This made the already popular brand even more appealing.  “I got a Stanley because of the color and the size plus the handle made it easier to hold it than normal cups,” said freshman, Isabelle Tyner. 

Even though Stanley is so popular here, there has been word about lead found in Stanley cups. However, sources say that there is nothing to worry about and that lead exposure is rare but still possible if the bottom of the cup is exposed and can be broken easily by fidgeting with the cup and washing the wrong way. Stanley cups should be hand-washed to prevent this from happening. Stanley isn’t the only one, all tumblers and flasks are made with the lead. Also, Stanleys aren’t leakproof which tends to be a problem for people ’’I don’t use Stanleys because I tend to drop things, mainly my water bottle and a Stanley would spill out. With my plastic water bottle, it wouldn’t spill and my plastic bottle is easy to store,” explained Special Education teacher, Mrs. Sankovich.