Highlights of the 2024 Oscars

The Oscars is a highly anticipated event. It is awarded to artistic and technical people in the acting industry. The Oscars takes place annually and is the most prestigious award in the film industry. This year Oscars took place in Hollywood where thousands of actors and celebrities from all over the world came together to celebrate the best film of that year.

One of the highlighting events that happened was Ryan Gosling’s iconic performance of ¨I’m Just Ken¨ Gosling took the stage with amazing vocals and outstanding stage presence. He took the stage with costars such as Simu Liu, and Kingsley Ben-Adir, etc. Gosling started his performance off in the audience while working his way onto the stage. Gosling was nominated for best original song at this year’s Oscars but lost to another song from Barbie, What Was I Made for” by Billie Eilish. The performance was one of the most memorable performances at the Oscars.

The movie Oppenheimer won the most Oscars at the 9th Academy Awards with seven big wins including Best Picture and Best Director. Robert Downey Jr. and Cillian Murphy won Best Supporting Actor and Best Actor for their roles in the film, while the movie also took home awards for cinematography, editing, and score.

Another highlighting event that took place at the Grammys was Emma Stone who took home Best Actress for her big role in ¨poor things¨ beating Lilly Gladstone who was the first native American to become nominated for one of the best actresses for her role as Mollie Burkhart in Martin Scorseseillers of the Flower Moon.

What looked like a silly stunt, having an actor, John Cena walk out with minimum to no clothes to commemorate the streaker who raced across the Oscar stage a half-century ago, actually became a pretty funny memorable stunt that will forever go down in history for the Oscars.

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel showed up to the Oscars to bring light and address the strikes that hobbled the acting industry and he was hoping to give the award show crew their moment in the spotlights.

Barbie and Oppenheimer were the most watched movies that were put up against one another by the fans and at the box office. Barbie may have won the box office but Oppenheimer won seven awards including Best Picture and Barbie on Best Original Song.