Upcoming Summer Movie Alert: Deadpool vs. Wolverine

Deadpool and Wolverine is an anticipated upcoming superhero movie based on the Marvel comics Deadpool and Wolverine. Both superheroes bring their R-rated antics to Disney’s Marvel Cinematic Universe of the Avengers. The first Deadpool and Wolverine trailer debuted a short tease in the 2024 Superbowl commercial which millions of people watched. The two unexpected duo surprised most people, but we are here to see what two of the most liked superheroes would bring to our screens. The second trailer came out on Feb 11th and it gave fans a glimpse of the movie without a whole lot of spoilers. 

The cast consists of Ryan Reynolds as Wade Eulkson who is starring as the one and only Deadpool.  Deadpools powers consist of a wisecracking mercenary with accelerated healing but severe scarring over his body after undergoing an experimental regenerative mutation to treat terminal cancer. Hugh Jackman as James Howlett who will be playing Wolverine. He is a mutant with healing abilities and he has retractable claws and a unique adamantium that infuses Skelton. This version of the charter will be from an alternative university where the inhabitants let him down.

In the trailer, it seems like this Wolverine original timeline was destroyed in a way that could have possibly been prevented. But the question is, who might be the villain responsible for this disaster? The likely antagonist seems to be the one character played by Emma Corrin. Her look in the movies is very distinct, based on her shiny bald head, eerie trenchcoat, and ability to deflect Wolverine’s powerful claws with her very own psychic powers, She appears to be playing Cassandra Nova. Based on background knowledge as created by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely in Marvel comics,  Nova is the evil twin sister of Charles Xavier who used her powers to commit genocide by unleashing a deadly sentinel robot on the island nation of Gebnosha.

What was seen in the trailer, the antagonist, Nova appears to be ruling a gigantic wasteland world that is built of different types of  Marvel movie properties that include a huge 20th Century Fox logo that looks like it was mysteriously sunken into the sand and an enlarged Ant-Man helmet as a headquarters. And that’s all potentially connected with this version of Wolverine, who allegedly let down his entire world as assumed by the trailer.

While it will be a prolonged mystery on how she exactly fits in this universe with the iconic duo or what she’s going to do, it will all be a mystery at least not until Deadpool & Wolverine hits theaters it’s proving to be a hot Cassandra Nova summer in the world of X-Men adaptations.