The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Mufasa: The Lion King

Musasa, the Lion King is a highly awaited movie that will go back in time and showcase the beginning of Mufasa’s life. The movie will tell the exact story of how Mufasa became the king that so many of the animal kingdoms looked up to and respected. The first teaser trailer and the official teaser poster debuted on April 29, 2024, broadcasted on ABC’s Good Morning America. 

According to the AV Club, the film is both a prequel and a sequel, alternating timelines with Mufasa’s story and Simba and Nala raising their daughter Kiara, played here by Beyoncé’s actual daughter Blue Ivy Carter. 

On Tuesday, April 30, 2024, Disney and director Barry Kankins showcased the movie’s first teaser trailer. The teaser received a great amount of praise for the artistic visuals and tone “The film features the same immersive, photoreal environment that wowed audiences the first time,” said Disney global distribution president Tony Chambers.

The trailer also received some negative feedback from some fans describing the movie as “unnecessary” and a “soulless prequel to a soulless remake” Jenkins, the film director for the movie responded on Twitter writing, “There is nothing soulless about The Lion King … For decades children have sat in theaters all over the world experiencing collective grief for the first time, engaging Shakespeare for the first time, across aisles in myriad languages. A most potent vessel for communal empathy.”

From the trailer, the movie is mostly about the rise of one of the greatest kings of the Pride Lands, who returns to the African savanna where Rafiki tells Kiara about her grandfather. Told with flashbacks, we’re introduced to Mufasa as a lonely and hopeless orphaned cub, lost & alone until he meets a sympathetic lion named Taka—the heir to a royal bloodline. The chance meeting sets in place a wild journey of an extraordinary group of misfits searching for their destiny

Mufasa also features the roles of Simba and Nala, Donald Glover, and a celebrity special guest,  Beyoncé. According to msn.com, since the film is both a prequel and a sequel, alternating timelines with Mufasa’s story and Simba and Nala raising their daughter Kiara, played here by Beyoncé’s actual daughter Blue Ivy Carter. 

The movie just like the others released before this one will consist of love, loss, and a learning story through Pride of Lions, and will consist of wonderful musicals and wild adventures. Even though critics were saying that this movie is not needed, many people are looking forward to this movie and everyone will have to wait and see. Until then the movie will be in theaters on December 20, 2024.