Enter a World of Pure Imagination with Wonka

Wonka is a Fantasy/Musical that was released on December 15th, 2023 by Warner Bros. Studios. Paul King directed this film and David Heyman, Alexandra Ferguson Derbyshire, and Luke Kelly produced it. Wonka had a budget of $125 million and made $553 million at the box office. 

The film Wonka is about a man named Willy Wonka who is played by Timothée Chalamet. Wonka is working on his path to becoming a great chocolatier. After a misguided business decision, he uses up all his savings and is brought by a man named Bleacher to stay at a sort of corrupt hotel where he becomes greatly in debt due to an unforeseen scandal. He works to sell his chocolate to get himself and his friends out of debt and free.

The film Wonka contains many musical numbers. There are a total of 11 songs in the movie. The song “Pure Imagination” is in the film and it was also in the original film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. The song “Ooompa Loompa” makes a comeback in this film as well.  In addition to the nostalgic songs, Wonka brings us new songs to enjoy such as “A Hatful of Dreams” and “A World of Your Own”. The background tracks during the film help create a magical atmosphere for the viewers to enjoy..

As a chocolatier, Wonka makes many different kinds of chocolate. Wonka makes a new kind of chocolate called hoverchoc. It might be a bit obvious what the side effects of this scrumptious treat are, but it makes you float. The Hair Repair Eclair is another dessert that can make your hair grow back. The eclair has a realistic mustache perched on top, but don’t be fooled, it’s not a real one. The giraffe milk macaroon will make you feel as if you’re the tallest in the room on the planet. There is also a chocolate bar that is very dear to Wonka himself as it’s his mom’s chocolate recipe. When Wonka was a boy, his mom used her chocolate recipe to make him a chocolate bar which he has since kept. Wonka is known to be the most creative chocolatier out there with creations nobody can beat. 

I found myself truly enjoying this film more than I had expected. Timothée Chalamet does a phenomenal job of playing Willy Wonka, I think the casting was perfect. Chalamet was able to show off his stunning vocals for all the songs and put emotion behind them. The faces he makes throughout the film’s musical and spoken lines are marvelous and captivate the audience. Chalamet’s performance was supported by truly enchanting scenery that brought the film to life.

The movie Wonka wasn’t just like any other movie, it was an experience. The story of Wonka is one of the most interesting I’ve had the pleasure of watching. The songs elevate the story and bring the film to a more magical level than the previous Willy Wonka films. Wonka creating his chocolates brings out the imagination of viewers and may even encourage them to want to make their own. I loved every bit of Wonka and believe it truly brings the viewers into a world of pure imagination.

View Comments (3)