Highlights of the 2024 Grammys

The GRAMMYS is a highly anticipated event. The Grammys is the music industry’s highest honor. It is an award presented by the Recording Academy of the United States to recognize the great achievements in the music industry. The award itself is regarded by many as the most prestigious award in the music industry worldwide. The Recording Academy held its 66th Grammys Awards in Los Angeles. Throughout, there are many various highlights throughout the award show.

One of the highlighting events at the Grammy was Fantasia Barrino playing tribute to Tina Turner. She brought on a thrilling and highly energetic performance that hooked the crowd. She urged everyone to “get up on your feet” as she sang various songs like Turner’s “Proud Mary” by late singer Tina Turner. Another singer who shook the Grammies was Mylie Cyrus Miley Cyrus who also paid homage to Tina Turner with her powerful Grammy performance. Her dance moves and vocals shook the crowd. She also performed her own nominated song “Flowers”  where she won her first-ever Grammy for Best Pop Solo.

¨I have seen clips of Fantasia Barrino and she was great. I think she’s a good performer overall and I enjoyed the tribute of both of them. I think they did a great job said, Senior Victor Elueme.

Taylor Swift also made headlines that night. She was awarded Album of the Year four times making her the only artist to achieve so. Swift surprised fans as she announced that her 11th studio album is coming soon Titled, The Torture Poets Department. She was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Duo/Group Performance, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Song of the Year. It was truly Taylor’s big day that night.

¨I was happy for Taylor Swift for winning album of the year. I think that she deserves it¨ said Elueme.

Dua Lipa performed an electric mashup of ¨Dance the Night, Houdini, and her unreleased song “Training Season” are her highly anticipated songs off her third album. Lipa shook the crowd while dancing on top of an industrial cage. She was nominated for several categories, including the 2024 Nominee Grammy Song of the Year. For “Dance the Night (From Barbie the Album)” artist: Dua Lipa 2024 Nominee Grammy Best Song Written for Visual Media 2021 Nominee Grammy Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, etc. ¨I think that Dua Lipa did a good job performing. I think she has improved and I’m excited about her new release,¨ sophomore Joce Griffith.

Billie Eilish also did an outstanding performance. She performed a breathtaking performance alongside her brother, Finneas, who helped soft harmonize her song What Was I Made for¨ They both took home the song of the year. Overall, the Grammys was a success with many talents shown and appreciated.