Liberty’s Spring Plant Sale

Spring is finally here which means FFA is kicking off their annual spring plant sale.

The Good Things Growing’ Plant Sale opens for business on May 7 at 9 am and runs through May 11. Students in all Ag classes help plant and water each individual flower and get them ready to be sold to any customer interested in buying a plant of their choice. The prices for this year’s sale range from $3 to $5 and $20 for hanging baskets. 

This year the sale will offer a variety of annuals, perennials, herbs, and vegetables. All the money that the Agriculture Department raises by selling plants is being put towards the FFA/ ag department to help fund FFA activities and class materials. “The plant sale is one of my favorite FFA activities. I love to see the fruits of my semester-long labor turn into a profit for the class that I enjoy so much,” said Sophomore Ricky Perreault.

The Good Things Growing’ Plant sale has been an annual tradition for many years since the greenhouse was built in the early 2000s and has helped Liberty High School’s Agriculture department and FFA chapter in many ways to cover funds for events such as field trips to different competitions and the food provided and state trips where we have to get coverage for food and the hotels and will hopefully continue to grow throughout the upcoming school years for there field trips and different school events for FFA. The Ag department would like to invite the entire school community to come check out all the students have to offer in this year’s sale. Follow us on social media for sneak peeks of the plants and the sale catalog.

View Comments (1)