The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The 2024 Superbowl Halftime Performer: Usher

https://medium.com/bacon-eggs-geek/i-usher-i-just-wish-he-d-use-his-powers-for-good-8bda2ce24c1e

The Super Bowl is one of the most-watched sporting events in the world. 

Most people love to attend and watch to cheer up their teams physically. Most love to sit in the comfort of their home to watch and even bet money on their favorite team. Most people love tuning in for the over-the-top iconic live halftime performance. The halftime performance is highly anticipated because for an artist to be picked, the artist must reach a high level of stardom and have a high-performance value. This year, The halftime performer is the one and only, Usher. 

Usher is a well-known music legend in the industry. He leans more to the old-school side and millions love him. Usher has won eight Grammy awards, 18 Billboard Music Awards, 12 Soul Train music awards, etc. Ushers genre of music contains, mostly hip-hop, Alternative/ indie, and Country music. Usher is not only known for his incredible voice but also his impressive dance moves. One of his most famous dance moves is “The Usher Slide” “Usher Hop,” and so on! Watching Usher perform on stage is very entertaining. Recently, Usher’s last tour “Usher: My Way” Started on July 16th, 2021, to December 2nd, 2023. He can be seen dancing, walking into the crowd, and interacting with his fans. 

“I think it’s exciting because I grew up in the era where Usher was in his prime and it has been a long time since he released anything new, so I’m hoping that this is a step up of him coming with something new” said Journalism teacher, Mrs Zimmer.

Being a performer in the Super Bowl is an extreme amount of pressure for an artist. Hundreds of millions are watching the artist perform their hard-hitting songs with vigours dance choreography and performing in the Superbowl skyrockets careers into a higher level of status. Practically everyone is watching your every move and millions of people rush to praise or criticize the artist.

“My expectations for Usher are pretty high. I expect him to do those weird dance moves that he does, and entertain the crowd,” said Senior, Dammy Fetuga.

Most people would even say that The Superbowl halftime is almost as important as the football game itself. When people turn in to watch, they expect the performer to be no more than perfect. Usher no doubt has what it takes to reach those high standards that people may put him on.

“I love football and I do watch the games but The Superbowl halftime show has always been the best part of it. Every year the performers always seem to one-up the performer from the year before,” said Zimmer. “Overall, I’ve always loved the halftime shows. There’s been some when I’m like ‘Well that could have been better’, but I think that it’s probably one of the best parts of the game.”