Why Fall Reigns as the Ultimate Season of the Year

The seasons. Four in numbers, similar yet ever so different, the seasons make the world interesting by switching up your normal environment for something similar, but different for around 4 months, before switching again to keep you on your toes. However, among the 4 seasons, there is one season that stands above its siblings and is the best. Itś not summer with its strong heat and sunny days, nor is it spring with cool showers and pretty flowers, and it isn’t even winter with its cold fun and holiday cheer. No, the one season that stands above the rest is the season of cool weather and beautiful leaves, Autumn.

Now for people who believe the other seasons are better, I can understand where you are coming from to a degree, however, Autumn is the best season and I have undeniable proof to back it up. Starting with the harvest that fall brings. The tasty things that mature in Autumn make some of the most recognizable and delectable treats. Pumpkins give us a rich pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and they’re used in pumpkin spice, one of the most popular flavors to have ever been conceived. There are the apples that fall off of their trees, great for a warm and cinnamon-flavored apple pie, or good on their own in cute slices.  There are other great albeit less loved things like kale, cabbage, spinach, and even Brussels sprouts (Which are spectacular when broiled with a light coating of oil and salt.)

Now if the wonderful lineup of fruits and veggies fall provides isn’t enough to convince you that fall is the best season, I bet her holidays will. Autumn’s main two holidays are Thanksgiving, a time when you and your family can gather together, and eat a ton of savory foods like mashed potatoes, roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, stuffing, and deserts pumpkin pie, apple pie, apple cinnamon sugar donuts and more. While it might have some political arguments at the dinner table, it is mostly a low-stakes low-stress holiday where all you have to do is create a nice dish to bring to the table instead of worrying about what everyone will like as a gift. It’s also a lovely holiday to meet with family you haven’t seen in ages as the leaves slowly float down outside. The other main holidays are a time of frights, a time of fears, a time of ghosts and ghouls, a time of candy and sweets, but most of all, a time of tricks and treats! Halloween is one of the best holidays for a multitude of reasons. The days after having cheap candy, it’s not that hard to participate in the holiday, it’s a good excuse to binge-watch scary movies with friends, but most of all, there’s a fun sense of excitement in the air.  Even if you’re not a fan of horror movies or scares, Halloween still has things to offer, like carving a pumpkin, harassing strangers for candy if you’re young enough (trick or treating), and there are costume parties where you can relax with friends in a fun costume. Some smaller but still greatly popular holidays are the Day of the Dead, Veteran’s Day, and Oktoberfest.

Last but most certainly not least, the fall-time weather is one of if not the greatest features of the season. Winter is too cold. It freezes everything, kills off most of the plants and there’s so much less life in the air when the air happens to make you shiver and wish you were in a blanket. Summer is too hot. While it might be fun to spend summer days at the beach, burning your feet and getting a sunburn, it is far too hot, pavement becomes a heat-radiating nightmare and if you’re too hot there are only so many layers of clothing you can take off before you’re burning hot with no way to fix it. Spring temperatures may be lovely but the rampant and unending humidity makes it a hard sell. Though its flowers may have intense beauty, if I feel as though I am walking into a bathroom where someone just had a hot shower, or as though my lungs are breathing in lakes, itś harder to enjoy said flowers. Fall is cool, not too cold. It is pretty with its falling leaves and presents through fading flowers. It is easy to adapt to the fall weather, a light overcoat being the only thing you need, and it’s still cold enough that you can snuggle up tightly in blankets and pillows galore and feel perfect.

To review, fall is the best season for a multitude of reasons. Its fruits and veggies are either hearty and healthy for you or theyŕe sweet and delectable. Its holidays are spectacular being a time to either gather with friends or family over comfort foods, or a time to eat a ton of candy while watching scary movies. And lastly, its weather is the best of all the 4 seasons, being lightly cold with spectacular leaves to look at and being neither too humid nor too dry.,