The Student News Site of Liberty High School

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Patriot Press

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

What Makes a Good Teacher?

Have you ever wondered what your fellow peers think makes a good teacher? Or what other teachers think makes a good teacher? As Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up (May 6 – May 10th), students and teachers here at Liberty explain some of the qualities they think make a good teacher.

A lot of our fellow peers explained that they would love to have a teacher who is willing to listen and then explain, so they can understand what the student is trying to say while explaining what is wrong and why they don’t understand. Students have explained that will help them learn faster, and hold the knowledge that they have learned for a longer period of time. “What makes a good teacher is one that is willing to listen, explained sophomore  RJ Wott.

Students also think that a teacher who is willing to make jokes and play around with students also makes a good teacher, which means that they are not too strict, yet have boundaries that are set. Many students also believe that hands-on learning is very beneficial for the development of students. Maddie Patterson gave an example of Mrs. Laine being a teacher that helps her and a lot of her peers learn. “A good teacher is someone that can build personal relationships,” said teacher Mrs. Lewis

The quality of a teaching environment was also brought up, teachers who make their classrooms fun and entertaining to look at tend to have more fun with their students and make the students want to learn more and be interested in what the teachers are teaching.

“A good teacher listens to their students and respect their students,” says senior, Markus Mkamey.

There were a lot of personal opinions about what Liberty students and staff think makes a good teacher, In the end, everyone is grateful for what our teachers do, and hope they take what they have said into consideration because it will not just help them but others learn too.